This guide serves as a portal to materials covering nursing theories and theorists. This includes ebooks, databases and websites.
Top Recommended Resources for Nursing Theories & Theorists
Search CINAHL for Articles on Theorists & Theories
To identify articles relating to a nursing theory or theorist you will need to search CINAHL Plus with Full Text.
1. Access the CINAHL Plus with Full Text database and log in.
2. You will need to use the CINAHL Headings browser in the CINAHL database as shown below.
3. In the browse box enter the theorist's last name. For instance for Neuman Systems Model, enter: "Neuman" and click the Browse button. "Neuman Systems Model" will be the first on the list of suggestions (also notice that it finds "Newman Health Model" as a suggestion as well).
4. Check the box next to the Subject in the list. If there is an option to Explode in the right column, you may also choose this box.
5. A green Search Database button will appear in the right side of the screen. Select this button to run your search on the selected subject.
6. On the results page you will need to limit to full text and peer reviewed by selecting the limits in the left margin.
You should now have full text articles related to your theorist/theory.